She Pleaded, “Please Save Me From Rapist” but Police Ignored

Police ignored pleading girl and let the crime happened in the state capital of Himachal Pradesh

Shimla,  QNB

A 19-year-old woman was reportedly raped in a moving car in state capital Shimla, police said Monday. But Police tried to hide the allegations leveled by the victim. She had alleged that she had gone to report the threats she was receiving from the alleged rapist at police post at Lakkar Bazaar just few meters away from the busiest tourist spot ‘The Ridge’. It is significant to mention that the police did not listen to the pleading girl and refused to take her complaint. The officer at the police station sent her out and suggested to report at Dhalli Police station which was about five kilometers away from there. The girl who was already fearing and feeling unsafe was compelled to go alone in the late hours who was reportedly kidnapped and raped.

The gruesome incident had not only shocked the capital but had raised question  on the concern of police on women security in the state capital. The culprit had not only raped the victim but had thrown her out of car in ragged clothes. The girls who was identified as a resident of Haryana was studying in institute in Shimla and preparing for competitive examinations.

The woman lodged a complaint through a helpline and alleged that she was raped by a person in the moving car at around 10 pm on Sunday, a police official said.

In the complaint, the woman stated that the incident took place when she was coming from Shimla’s Mall road on foot and a car stopped near her. She was pulled inside and was raped in the moving vehicle she complained to the police.

The victim who was under trauma had lost the hope and victim preferred to lodged a complaint through the 24-hour Gudiya helpline. The helpline was launched on January 26, 2018 to ensure speedy police action in cases of crimes against women, after a minor was raped and murdered in Shimla’s Kothkai area in 2017. The complainant alleged that she was on her way from Mall Road to Dhalli when a car stopped near her and she was forcibly dragged into it and sexually assaulted.

Pramod Shukla, deputy superintendent of police said, “police had recorded the statement of the girl and conducted her medical examination”. A case under sections of IPC 376, and 354 and 506 has been registered.

But even after 48 hours of the incident police was clueless and beating the bushes to trace the track of accused.